Review: MAC Bittersweet Lip Pencil

/
0 Comments

I have a strange relationship with impromptu shopping sprees when I literally go out to get milk but come back with bags full of clothes, shoes and make up! It's like a love/hate relationship! I leave with empty hands and a full bank account and come back with full hands and an empty bank account. Oddly, i'm satisfied either way! Money well spent!

This impromptu shopping trip was all that and more once I purchased one of my favourite make up items so far; the Mac Bittersweet pro long-wear lip pencil. I've only recently become a lip liner/lip pencil fanatic, but this is by far my favourite. Since (I hate to admit it) Kylie Jenner dropped her True Brown K liquid lipstick, I fell in love with the dark brown lip look and craved my own. It cost me a whopping £15 but it was worth every penny because it literally lasts all day. 

This lip pencil is so soft and almost literally glides across your lips, leaves a matte finish and lasts for hours. It's perfect for those busy days when you have no time to top up, or the days when you forget to take your make up bag with you.

P.S. If you don't already own one, before buying your lip pencil, make sure you purchase a cosmetic sharpener because a normal one just won't do the job with this particular lip pencil.


If you want a more dewy and less matte finish, you can overlay the bittersweet lip pencil with Mac's Satin Lipstick. For two brown but slightly different tones, you can either use the Mac Satin lipstick in the Media shade (an intense reddish purple), or in the Film Noir shade (an intense brown).
Take your pick!
I used the lip pencil on its own because I prefer a matte finish and because it's more durable.
Mac Satin Lipstick: Media

Purchase in store, or online here: 
- Satin Lipstick : Media / Film Noir





You may also like

No comments: